5.27.2008

The Studio Cats

About 3 weeks ago I was in my studio working early in the morning and heard a yowling at my back door. At first I thought it was a cat downstairs at the Paw Patch. My space is over the recovery room and I often hear all kinds of animals so I just continued about my editing. The cat just seemed to get louder and louder though so I finally opened my back door and to my surprise there was a grayish adult female cat sitting there. The cat immediately came in the studio and began to rub against my legs. I am a total animal lover so I picked the cat up and looked her over. She had no collar but she had clean ears, no fleas and she was de-clawed. I took her down to the Paw Patch to see if they knew who she was but they had not seen her before. I told them I would hold on to her for a few days and see if someone came looking for her. I set her up with a litter box, food, water and a bed on my covered balcony outside. When I returned in the morning there were not one but two cats waiting for me. The second cat was a very fluffy male. They both came in the studio and made themselves at home. Both cats are well fed and taken care of so they obviously belonged to someone. Over the next few days the awesome staff at the Paw Patch gave the kitties vet exams. Susan the owner of City Dog Grocery donated food and my upstairs neighbor gave them another bed and feeds them when I am away from the studio. So even though we suspect these cats have good homes near by our little building community has adopted them as our own. They keep me company when I am working during the day and they are always happy to see me in the morning. It has been nice to have two buddys to hang out with especially since wedding season is in full swing and I am at the studio such long hours these days. I will keep you posted when I come up with better names other than their current names #1 & #2.




1 comment:

Caroline Mosey said...

Awww, how cute are they! Let us know when Ted and I can take you both out to dinner :)